10.24.2010

11th-13th

One of the highlights of our trip was going to Powell River in British Columbia. The drive from Tacoma was one of the most exciting and rejuvenating things we did. Every turn showed us a new world, just like Aladdin and Jasmine's carpet ride. We were in awe. After arriving we got to spend some great time with some of the best people we know. We happened to show up the night before Thanksgiving. Lucky us! Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures at Mabel's house. Lame, I know. We had such a great time being there. Getting spend time in that peaceful place was exactly what we needed. Also, we got to spend good time with Grandma Sam and all the family there. We were so blessed.



Definitely the nicest Canadian Thanksgiving we've ever had.



One of the neighbors taught me how to fillet a salmon. The vegetarian in me was super grossed out. The anatomist in me was super, amazingly, intrigued. If you know me I'm sure you can imagine. ;)



The silent man.



My Uncle Ron. First meeting getting traumatized by the elk but, loving him.




Lund, British Columbia, Canada. Wonderful, Wise, World.



The beginning of Highway 101. It goes all the way down to Argentina, that's over 15,000 miles. What an adventurer!



This is our retirement home. Actually, we heard it belongs to the guy who invented Crocs, the shoes. Plus, I was pointing to every home we saw and falling in love with all of them.



'Lil teeney weeney crabby



I've never seen the ocean floor look like mosaic tiles before



Sean Brown the remarkable



Beautiful British Columbia. Makes me wanna snug with those mountains.



Powell River Salmon Hatchery. Who knew they were so magnificent?



These are all the babies from just one salmon! I used to be against youmans sticking our noses around in animals business. But, we learned a lot and saw how much rehabilitation is helping. My opinion changed! Isn't that the point of traveling?



Rob and Mew. I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment